Thursday, May 21, 2009

Perfect weather does not help one focus

I'm putting off writing five poems for English, and am going to some productive venting.


Okay, I'm going to just say this straight out: I think you are completely ignorant for what your opinion on fighting vs. talking things out is. I seriously have almost no respect for you now. Talking things out is immature, and fighting IS mature? What the fuck? Where did you grow up, compton? FIGHTING is immature. Fighting someone just because you don't like them, or they were talking shit, or whatever, is so damn stupid. One of the most immature reactions you can have. I'm an extremely peaceful person most of the time, and when someone actually starts a physical fight, then SORRY but I will never let you be a close friend of mine. Friendships should allow mistakes. Ninety percent of people talk shit about all of their friends at some time in their life, and in some form. Now, with that in mind, what if the people they all talked shit about (even if it was just ONCE) decided to come up to them one day and punch them in the face, then proceed to beat the shit out of them and drop them as a friend? Can you imagine how terrible that would be? Nobody would be friends again, like ever. Just because they talked shit about them a time or two, or they just didn't like each other?

I know for a fact that all of my friends have said something bad about me. ALL of them, at some point. Maybe it wasn't even that bad, or maybe it was a full on I-think-she-is-such-a-dumb-bitch-sometimes session. Whatever. The point is, I got over it. I'm still friends with like all of them, except a few. And those few were mainly for other reasons. I mean, if I'm trying to drop them because they aren't good for me, the they-talk-shit-about-me thing helps me have a reason, but in the long term, it's whatever.


We're human. We're meant to be concerned for ourselves. We're social creatures of course, but it doesn't stop us from getting annoyed/tired/angry at friends and other people. And when we feel those negative feelings, our first instinct is to say something mean about that person. That way, we sort of make them sound inferior to ourselves, so we feel like they're not worth those bad feelings and we can just move on. We know what happiness is, and we have learned to want it all the time. Talking shit can help us feel better since it gets out negative feelings. The same with judging! Plenty of people judge every day, and I certainly have. Yes, I know, it's bad to do. But when you see some girl with her thong sticking out of her short-shorts, and a spandex tank top with her boobs hanging out, admit it: the last thing you'd think is, "she probably volunteers at the retirement home and brings all her friends I-love-you gift baskets once a month." No, you probably think she's a slut, or a trashy downtown girl. And that makes you feel better about yourself. You think, "I may be really unpopular and don't have a boyfriend, but at least I don't probably drink myself to sleep every night and have an STD case!" even though that girl that you're judging could in fact, volunteer at the retirement home and is waiting till marriage for sex.

Yeah yeah, I know how hurtful and upsetting it is when you hear a close friend called you annoying behind your back, or tells everyone she doesn't like you that much. Or maybe that girl who you've spoken to like twice HATES you and calls you a dumb bitch daily, when you've done nothing to her! I've been through all of that, and more. I was very unpopular in elementary school and middle school. People who I hardly even knew would pull away from me in disgust if I got to close, and I got called gross and annoying all the time. But all I wanted was to be friends! And now I have tons of those, thank goodness. The point is though, I KNOW how it is to be judged every single day, and I KNOW how it feels to hear a bunch of friends talk shit about you.
But I'm perfectly fine with that. Going through all that stuff will help you become a stronger person, and be able to deal with the hard stuff in life.
So listen up: if you hear a friend talking bad about you once or twice, for goodness sakes, don't freak out and tell them to, "stop talking shit or you'll beat their ass!". Be tolerant, and calmly tell them that it upsets you to hear that, and you would like them to not do that anymore. If you do this in a calm way, then congrats; you have been mature.
But if they ignore your warning, and keep talking shit over and over...THEN feel free to drop them ;]

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. Very well said. :)

    HAHAHA "she probably volunteers at the retirement home and brings all her friends I-love-you gift baskets once a month."

    ReplyDelete