Sunday, May 31, 2009

"I've got a feelin, it's automatic"

When I'm in math, I always feel so bad for you. You're sort of the class joke, the kid that everyone picks on. If you make a mistake, even a small one, everyone makes fun of you and laughs at you endlessly, and I can tell it embarasses you. I think it's terrible how that certain person will be like, "gross, don't touch my stuff" or just act like you're a giant ball of germs. I remember when that girl even tricked you into thinking I had a crush on you. I can only imagine the mortification you must have felt when you came up to me and asked me out, only to have me say, "no...where did that come from?"

I feel bad for you, because I know exactly what it's like.

I'll watch the people in our class be complete dicks to you and treat you like you're literally a piece of crap, and I always, always think, "that used to be me."
I used to be that gross, loser girl, when I was in elementary school, and some of middle school. I always had friends, but the majority of people acted like some kind of flesh rotting disease was coming out of my pores. If I accidentally brushed against someone, or got to close, I remember most of the time they would pull away with a digusted face. Even though I didn't even do anything.

And that's what's happening to you. You're nice, you're mature, you're smart...but people can't see past your acnea, your smell, and your awkward clothes.
I know you've had a hard life. I know you've had family problems with drugs and jail. I know you're just trying to get by.


...and I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I sincerely hope you turn out very successful in your life. You deserve better. Please, hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment