Sunday, May 10, 2009

“It is great cleverness to know when to conceal one's cleverness”

Granted, I'll admit I'm not that school smart sometimes. I get pretty good grades (usually B's and C's), and I do my assignments and such. But I sure do have my blonde moments. I tilt my head a lot when I say, "huh?", and tend to do that wide-eyed naive face a lot. It takes me a bit to get some jokes and problems. And of course, sometimes, I just don't think, because I feel safe enough that I think nothing bad will happen if I just zone out and go with the flow.


But I think people underestimate one thing about me: I'm usually very, very, very people smart.
I can tell how a lot of people work, and why. I can easily try to see something from somebody else's point of view, and get how they feel. I actually try to imagine the feelings they have.


I can give great advice, and I'm not just saying that.


I can almost always tell if somebody is hiding something from me, but 90% of the time I will not say anything about because I don't want to cause drama. But I definitely do have my own intelligence. I got this from Rinnell (sorry Rinnell, please don't kill me for using this haha):

"girls often make the mistake of flaunting their intelligence and disappointing people. Do not wear your intelligence on your sleeve. Wear it in your back pocket. Because that's where guys look anyways. "

It took me a while to fully figure out what that meant, but I finally did. I do just that though, I hide my best intelligence and skills in my back pocket, and when people actually get to know me, I reveal it to them pretty fast. At first, I probably give off a total dumb blonde vibe, but you know what? I'm fine with that. If people think that they are smarter than you, and that you pose no threat, they will usually not bother being mean to you or really disliking you. Sure, there are those who will say things like, "Oh god, she is SO dumb! It drives me up the wall!", but that lets you know something: these people are probably judgmental and not worth your time anyways.

I don't have that many friends who lie, tell secrets, and back stab. Why? Because I'm actually smart, and know how to tell if someone will treat me good before I let them get close to me. I am a good friend most of the time (I'm human, so not ALWAYS, but most of the time), and I know I deserve good friends. I don't let liars and bad people get close to me, I know I'll get hurt.


I guess I've made my point with this, and I'm more just ranting now. I probably sound very conceited. My bad, I promise I'm not trying to sound full of myself or whatever.
But now you know: I have a brain, and can use it just as well as everyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment