Monday, December 7, 2009

Really?

Whenever I hear you talk about your boyfriend, I listen patiently. I don't like him, but I still listen. But when you say that dreaded sentence, "he's the only one I feel safe around anymore", I want to stop you cold and ask you what about your other friends? I'm not going to say, "what about me?" because I'm not your best friend or anything. But your best friend treats you great. She always listens to you, and I've never heard of her judging you. You've never said ANYTHING bad about her to me. It just seems like she treats you great. In fact, it seems like all of your friends treat you great. So why are you saying that? I think it's absolutely selfish when people say that about their boyfriends. You had friends before him, and you will when he's long gone. Stop making him seem like the only true person in your life, because there are others. And always will be others.

1 comment:

  1. Are you talking about me? :( I really hope not. I know I can be a dumbass about Matt sometimes, but this isn't what I mean. I KNOW I have other people in my life, and I am SO grateful for that. I love you bunches, and I know you're there for me. I may say dumb things, but in the end I know you guys were there first. So pleeeeease don't think that I feel like he's the only person in my life or something :(

    If you were talking about me, you should tell me please. I won't be mad, I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete