Thursday, December 3, 2009

Five months

When you were in 7th or 8th grade, you told some people that your mom, and her mom, all got pregnant when they were 16 or so. And you jokingly told people that you wanted to be the first one to get pregnant at a better age. And now? You're 16, and pregnant.


I'm sad. Almost crying. You've come out about your secret, and I can guarantee people will be talking about it for the next couple weeks. It bugs me so much how people do that. They all gossip about personal things like this, and are so eager to spread it around. "Oh my god, did you hear she's pregnant??" Shut up, shut up, shut up :( I used to be one of those people, but then a girl got pregnant last year, and I noticed that a lot of people only talked to her when it was about the baby. They only seemed to care about her because she was pregnant. And behind her back, they'd gossip even more about it, and tell all their friends. Awful. I started thinking, really thinking, about how I'd feel if I got pregnant and people did that to me, and it affected me more than I thought it would. I don't do that anymore, and will try to never do it again. And I'm not even going to really talk about it when others are discussing it.

Maybe I feel this way because you and I are somewhat friends? You've slept over at my house, we have mutual friends. You're not just the random nice girl at my school who I've talked to a few times. I actually know you, and we actually go back to middle school. I care about you, and I don't think you deserve this shit at all. Ugh, I guess I am being kind of hypocritical writing a blog about this? But I'm not giving your name, or giving any hints, so hopefully it's okay. Anyways, I think you will be an incredible mom, and I honestly think your daughter is going to have an incredible life full of love and laughter, all thanks to you. I hope everything turns out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment