Sunday, July 26, 2009

Danielle

"The tenth day before I left
Everything was just fine
She must have waited to cave in
On that day nine
This severly effected the eighth and seventh night
But that still didn't make me feel like the time was right
To say goodbye

Say goodbye to you my friend
Say goodbye

Ten, nine, eight, seven
Sixth day before I left
We pretended things were fine
Even though the ninth day cave was acting as both our minds
Fifth day and counting
Well she found it astounding
When I told her I didn't want to miss her while she was in my surroundings
The fourth day was new with her
Same question asked again
Once you're gone how long til I get my depth perception back again?
At that I had the same flabbergasted face for most of the third and second days
The final day before I left came and i still had nothing to say"


"I'm weird 'cause i hate goodbyes
i got misty eyes as they said farewell"



It's Sunday. I've been fine these past couple weeks. I know you're leaving tomorrow morning, off for Texas. And I've been handling it quite well until now. I went to Siennas to give you the scrapbook I made with help from Lacey for you. You loved it, you kept saying, "I can't believe you made a scrapbook for me!" over and over. You said thank you, but I want to thank YOU for liking it so much. I was happy to give you something you loved before you left for good. It's still not good enough though. I think you deserve something way better for all the good you've brought into my life. The lessons you taught me. I know I've told you this more than once, but you've made the biggest difference in my life. I honestly don't think I'd be a very good friend if you weren't in my life. Like, you taught me not to talk bad about my friends when we were in 7th grade. I remember I was venting about someone to you on AIM, and you said, "well she's my friend so I can't talk crap about her, but I'm sorry that sucks. I hope things get better". I don't really know anyone else who has actually said, "so and so is my friend so I can't talk crap about them". Everyone else tends to just say like... "I love so and so, I don't wanna say anything about her since she's my friend, but she is pissing me off so much lately..." blah blah blah. Well there are exceptions, but those are to complicated to explain. I really looked up to you, I still do, so that's how I learned that. I know, every time I tell you how you've helped me, I always use that as an example. But it's one of the first things that comes to mind.

I should think of something else for once.

I'd be a lot more upset about this, but I keep reminding myself that you can probably visit every single break. Winter, spring, and probably most of summer. I hope you can, and as selfish as this sounds, I hope you don't change. You're such a good person. SUCH a good person. You give off the most positive aura at times, I love it. You're a walking talking ball of energy and life. You don't let anyone corrupt you, or ruin your life, you just let them in it for good reasons. You're just you, your existence has never been linked to someone else. You're not, "so and so's little sister", or, "so and so's friend". You're just you. I've never once thought of you as just another person, except for when I didn't know you and you were just that random girl in my 7th grade science class. I'm so glad we became friends, all over AIM too. And then we actually started hanging out in person and such, and you became one of my best friends.
Now, you're like my other best friend. And you're moving to Texas tomorrow.


I'll miss you so much, I already do. I think I'll start crying, I'm already misty eyed writing this. When you gave me that last long hug, I started tearing up, but held it back. I asked you to please bring me presents on a horse and in a cowboy hat for Christmas, so I'm glad there was some humor in that last goodbye haha.


I love you and will miss you. I hope Texas treats you well, and you find happiness there. You deserve it.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment